An Independent Pentecostal Fellowship
In common with Christian churches throughout the world, Struthers Memorial Church exists to advance Christianity through the service of God, the proclamation of the gospel and the extension of His Kingdom in accordance with the church’s Statement of Faith. In addition, the church aims to advance education through the operation of a Christian school (Cedars School of Excellence).
Before 2007 the church was led by an Executive Council and each branch kept an up-to-date roll of its members. When the church became a company limited by guarantee, the Executive Council became the Directors of the Company and its only official members. In practice “membership” is open to those who have a personal experience of salvation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and who are living in accordance with His teaching. While officially the Executive Council has been replaced by the Board of Directors, in reality the task of overseeing the work of the Fellowship continues as it did previously with Mrs Gault carrying the overall responsibility for the work, supported by the other directors and the members of the whole Fellowship.
Statement of Faith
- Belief in the Bible as the word of God being eternal, true and life-giving
- Belief in the triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Belief in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ: that on earth He was God incarnate
- Belief in Christ’s atoning death, His resurrection and ascension
- Belief in the fall of man and the necessity of redemption through personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Belief in the personality and power of the Holy Spirit and in man’s need for the baptism in the Holy Spirit
- Belief in the gifts of the Holy Spirit referred to in 1 Corinthians 12 verses 8-10
- Belief in the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ